Friday, November 5, 2010

Alexie sketch


Dustin off the old blog..feels good! I've decided to participate again, although probably not every day, to the 'Art Every Day Month' challenge. I did it last year, or was it the year before? Oh my... Anyway, getting a little bit of a late start this month, but I have been fairly artistically active this past week. Couldnt get the scanner to work yesterday (I'll never admit to why this was), but now I've got my 1st sketch/project for the month. Its actually just a study for a possible painting of my niece. I was just back in Fort Lauderdale for her 1st Birthday. I don't get to see her so often and she had changed so much. That being said, the photo I used to sketch her is actually from around 7-9 months old. But it makes me laugh- no, she's not cross-eyed but does look it in this photo (and not just in my rendering I swear!)

Maybe I'll work up the courage to actually try and paint this soon, or some variation of it. I don't paint much..actually I don't really draw or sketch much anymore, but that is about to change..again!



No comments: