Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Not just for your printer!





I'm experimenting with some notecards that I almost didn't buy in the U.S. while I was there last time, but now I'm glad I did. I got them primarily to make some photo notecards, and photos do print out really well on them from my little Canon i560 (inkjet) printer. But I decided to try my red calligraphy marker (that I almost didn't buy too because its not exactly a quality calligraphy writing utensil) but it writes beautifully onto this paper - it produces a very crisp, rich 'print' don't ya think? Faulty/shaky strokes show up more so you have to be very steady, but I like the outcome of the red against the matte white.

The cards are just the Avery 'Matte White Notecards' size 4 1/2 inches x 5 1/2 (set of 60). I don't like the word templates that Avery provides, but its easy enough to plop down a photo into whichever program you prefer to use. I also got a great card from a couple of my Paris photos below. I don't send out that many cards anymore, but my family still likes to receive them so it's worth it to me. (And doesn't everyone still like to receive a card once in a while?)

No comments: