Saturday, February 21, 2009

Recovering a Sense of Possibility- Artist's Way



This morning while I was writing my morning pages for Julia Cameron's The Artist's Way book I've been working through, I thought why not post the processes and thoughts I'm working through here. True, I'm on Week 5 (despite having begun this journey last October!) I'm recommitting myself to it and think this will be a good way to do that, as well as retain some valueable points as I find them. So far, I've enjoyed the book: the morning pages, the letting go of the fear to create, the possibility of a more creative life, and learning not to be so judgemental/critical of not only what I create but the process as well. I've pulled out some quotes as I find them (there are many inspriational quotes throughout) and from now on I will post some of those as well as some of the words/tasks that I really connect with.

I'm now working through the tasks at the end of the chapter. But I've jotted down some of the words that I connected with (not necessarily directly quoted):

- If we learn to think of receiving God's (or some other higher power) good as being an act of worship -- cooperating with God's Plan to manifest goodness in our lives -- we can begin to let go of having to sabotage ourselves.

- Synchronicity! (Great word in this process)

- Pray to catch the bus, then run as fast as you can! (Love this, it's not enough just to keep asking the universe for things, you've got to actually DO something about it)

- The desire to be worldly, sophisticated, and smart often blocks our flow. (But wouldn't it be nice to know that you'll get recognition of some kind?? Careful with that!)

- Shake an apple tree and the universe delivers oranges!

- A great quote by Margaret Young, "Often people tend to live their lives backwards: they try to have more things, or more money, in order to do more of what they want so that they will be happier. The way it actually works is the reverse. You must first be who you really are, then, do what you need to do, in order to have what you want."

No comments: