Tuesday, March 13, 2012

All hung up with no place to go!

At least not for another week..so come on by either tonight or any evening after 8 pm this week to see a creative, QR coded art exhibit at Das Provisorium (Lindwurmstr. 37, near Sendlingertor).

Some experimental photography samples:

Perhaps you've noticed, I like photographing the Angel of Peace which is always there looking down at me after I turn the corner from my block onto Prinzregententsrasse.  I have experimented a bit in changing the appearance of how I see it daily.

Just hung this up this morning and it's already sold!

I froze a bit while taking these shots on my way home one night,
passing through the Deutsches Museum over this bridge (is it 'Dr. Brosch' bridge? Anyone know?)

Negative image of Sendlingertor at night.
Right across the street I live on, if you look left you'll see the Peace Angel. 
But once you've got 'Käfer' in your sights its hard to go anywhere else!
Recognize it?  One of the most beautiful buildings in Munich:  Müllersches Volksbad.


And some experimental work in mixed media (combining acrylic paint, photography, photo transfer, and schoolbooks!).  To see and read more about the process involved take a look here.


 Click on the image below to read (and see) more about what this is all about!

A close-up portion of a larger collaged piece entitled 'Contemplating the Truth about Aging' and personally relates to my grandmother who turned 102 this March.  Photo of my Grandma, 'Mildred' (left) and her sister, 'Gladys' (right)


 I have been somewhat captivated by moving vehicles at night as well lately.  At the show there is a mixed media piece also taken at this corner of Rosenheimerstr. and Am Gasteig.  I have combined the photo with acrylic paint on canvas.



Our flyer, for more details.  Come by tonight or anytime this week if you can!  (Tonight you'll receive a free drink from Yelp, our sponsor)


No comments: