Monday, November 3, 2008

Day 3 of 'Creative Every Day' (but only my 2nd posting)

Did I mention Oscar is a robust 9 kilos (~18 lbs.) - pure muscle ... only I can't seem to find the definition while drawing him, but I know its there, hiding under all that...uh..fur. I just drew some very basic contour line drawings of him on his favorite chair (my computer chair). I started trying to do just contour, but it became a bit of a mix, thinking maybe quick gestural lines would hide my inability to define his 'volume'. Anyway, since I feel like I'm just talking to myself with this blog having not told anyone about it yet, I'll just go ahead and post these so I can move on with my day. Lots to do today, top of the list: buy 2 dirndls for a Phlippino and a Chinese girl I've never met for the Macau Oktoberfest 2008 at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in Macau - a very nice place by the way with a very nice German Food & Beverage Manager http://www.mandarinoriental.com/macau/. Confused? Don't really care? I'll get around to explaining sometime. And I must go for a run while I can still see the sun!

Today's sketches:





1 comment:

Jul said...

Oh yes, his defined muscles really come through in that last one. Well done.