This is timely because just the other day I listened to an interesting talk on MindValley, speaker Vishen Lakhiani, that some of you might also find helpful and inspiring. Cheezy title: Theory of Awesomeness: Why Some People Lead Epic Lives while Others Only Dream but I found myself very engaged in the entire video! One of my key take-aways as it pertains to the task at hand, was a holistic approach to goal-setting, eg, 12 categories to always consider when setting goals so you stay balanced throughout your life (health & fitness, intellectual, emotional, character, spiritual, relationships, social life, etc.. and finally to your life vision, "that grand thing you want to contribute to the world.") This is the basis for Jon Butcher's goal-setting company, Lifebook (also the same guy who runs the company Precious Moments), who I have no affiliation with, nor care to.
As you can see, I'm pretty good at not setting goals and researching the living daylights out of the whole notion of goal-setting, when I do actually consider setting some. But I'll try and focus..
|My cat helps me focus. Tremendously.|
Why Some People Lead Epic Lives, while Others only Dream - See more at: http://mindvalleyacademy.com/featured/theory-of-awesomeness#sthash.pELkfTWT.dpuf
Why Some People Lead Epic Lives, while Others only Dream - See more at: http://mindvalleyacademy.com/featured/theory-of-awesomeness#sthash.pELkfTWT.dpuf5 GOALS I'd like to achieve in the NEXT 30/20/10 YEARS:
- err...Survive (& thrive:)! Not just 'be here', but still be enjoying myself and thriving as a curious, productive individual and still exploring the world.
- Connect artists I admire with international visitors to the area I am in (could be Atlanta, could be..Munich, wherever I am, I'd like to expand my world to an international audience, in a way that sustains, supports and genuinely cares about the community I am in (and vice versa) - a kind of cultural exchange that simultaneously helps the very unfortunate to live a better a life.
- Be able to speak at least 2 other languages fluently and freely.
- Somehow be involved in a type of health center, combining physical, mental, nutritional practices to help diseased individuals by teaching them holistic practices to improve their lives, manage their health/disease and alleviate suffering.
- Be a skilled, (renown?!) artist of sorts...yaaaa.
FIVE GOALS I need to accomplish in the NEXT FIVE YEARS to move towards achieving them:
- Be true to myself, trust myself, take care of myself (by maintaining a regular yoga and meditation practice, taking courses, workshops, gaining knowledge).
- Learn more about the art world and artists, by traveling, visiting galleries, museums, etc. and documenting this.
- Converse more with people in my target languages (German, French), read books in these languages, study.
- Carry on with #1: continue yoga teacher trainings (complete 500-hour certification + other specific workshops- preferably internationally:) Learn more about nutrition and how it directly affects one's health (or contributes towards a diseased state).
- Practice, learn, practice, learn, practice, learn. yay! Generate income meanwhile! Take more courses like this
- Heal current injuries and safely practice yoga/exercise 4-6x per week (even if short yoga practices), take walks 2-3x week. So: schedule chiropractor appointment(s), massage,
- Attend local art openings, meet the artists, So: attend 1-2x per month art opening at a gallery (at least), read art world publications (research this- feel free to comment w suggestions!), become member of a local art museum (either High, or MOCA), maintain notebook/notes.
- Write letters/emails in target language weekly, continue with translation work, attend Goethe/other local cultural events.
- Attend 3-5 yoga workshops, study Patanjali sutras and books, including anatomy. Cook healthy recipes!
- Start an art journal- at least 4x/week. Organize an art show (like this), take 4 art classes/workshops this year, complete a website + social media outlets, online workshops.